Democratic Politics (NTSE/Olympiad)
4. Gender, Religion and Caste
(e) Secular State :
Communalism is a major challenge to democracy. The makers of our constitution chose the model of a secular state.
1. There is no official religion, for our constitution does not give a special status to any religion.
2. The constitution provides to all individual and communities freedom to profess, practice and propagate any religion or not to follow any.
3. The constitution prohibits discrimination on grounds of religion.
4. Constitution allows the state to intervene in the matters of religion in order to ensure equality.
Secularism is not just an ideology. This idea constitutes one of the foundations of our country. Communalism is seen as a threat. That is why communalism needs to be combated.
If you want to give information about online courses to other students, then share it with more and more on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus. The more the shares will be, the more students will benefit. The share buttons are given below for your convenience.