Democratic Politics (NTSE/Olympiad)
3. Outcomes of Democracy
Glossary (Outcomes of Democracy)
1. Outcome : Result, consequences or output.
2. Characteristics of Democracy : Promotes equality, enhances the dignity of the individual, improves the quality of decision making, provides methods to resolve conflicts, accommodates correct mistakes.
3. Alternative forms of government than democracy : Monarchy military rule by religious leaders.
4. Elements/constituents of democracy : Formal constitution, election, political parties, constitutional rights.
5. Monarchy : The government ruled by the monarch or king of the country i.e., monarch or king is the head of the country.
6. Dignity : The word denotes privileged position, honourable rank or importance given to any particular post or personating.
7. Outcome of democracy : Political equality and political justice social equality and social justice, economic equality and economic justice, dignity to the individual.
8. Measures for democratic outcome : Regular free and fair elections, open public debate on major policies, right to information given to the people.
9. Economic Development : It refers to the growth advancement of the country in the way of providing better facilities and services to the individual.
10. Transparency : Right or means to examine the process of decision making.
11. Accountable : Responsible, answerable, legitimate to the individual / post and their needs and expectations.
12. Poverty : It is a socio economic phenomenon which in general terms is the denial of opportunities to lead a long, healthy, creative life and to enjoy a decent standard of living.
13. Inequality : Absence of equal opportunities, equal treatment and equal status at any level, social economic or political is known as inequality.
14. Measures to sustain democracy :
♦ Unity in diversity
♦ Historical background of the country.
♦ Feeling of nationalism and patriotism
♦ peaceful co-existence
♦ International peace and understanding
15. Civil Liberties : These are privileges or rights thought to be valuable in themselves and important for the functioning of democratic.
If you want to give information about online courses to other students, then share it with more and more on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus. The more the shares will be, the more students will benefit. The share buttons are given below for your convenience.