1. Cartilage is soft, elastic and flexible.
2. Matrix of cartilage consists of entirely organic matter.
3. Cartilage do not have blood supply (except in perichondrium).
4. Growth of cartilage is unidirectional. 1. Bone is hard, tough and inelastic.
2. Matrix of bone is both organic and inorganic.
3. Bones have rich blood supply.
4. Growth of bone is bidirectional.
Bones form endoskeleton of vertebrates. They provide levers for movement and support for soft parts of the body. Bones also protect many delicate tissues and organs.