The famous quote by Frank Gehry – “Architecture should speak of its time and place but yearn for timelessness,” is the mantra of aspiring Architects of today. In India, a B.Architecture (B.Arch) is a five-year undergraduate program that aims to create a future Frank Gehry.
But to be one such architect, students have to attempt a few entrance exams. Admission to Architecture colleges in India happens through the sores of NATA or JEE Main or IIT JEE-AAT, etc.
Architecture JEE Main 2021 is one of the popular exams taken for admission to a B.Arch (B. Architecture) course in India. 2 sessions of the exam have already been concluded. The JEE Main 2021 April and May sessions are left behind.
The JEE Main 2021 B.Arch course consists of three subjects: Mathematics, General Aptitude, and Drawing. The National Testing Agency releases the complete syllabus for the entrance exam on its official website.
B.Arch Course Details
We have shared the details of the B.Arch course below. Check the same below.
B.Arch (B. Architecture) Key Points
Latest on JEE Main B.Arch Paper 2021
JEE Main – B.Arch (B. Architecture) Exam Pattern
Mentioned here is the JEE Main 2021 exam pattern for aspiring architects.
- Mode of the Exam: Online for Mathematics and Aptitude, Offline for Drawing test.
- Number of subjects: 3 (Drawing, Mathematics, and Aptitude).
- Duration of the Exam: 3 hours or 180 minutes.
- Number of Questions to Attempt: 25 Mathematics, 50 Aptitude, 2 Drawing Questions.
- Type of Questions: Objective type for Mathematics and Aptitude, Sketching Test for Drawing.
- Total Marks: 400.
- Marking Scheme: +4 for every correct answer and -1 for every incorrect answer.
- Language of the paper: English, Hindi, and Gujarati.
- Official : jeemain.nta.nic.in
JEE Main 2021 – B.Arch Syllabus
Understanding the JEE Main syllabus of the exam beforehand helps the candidates to prepare a timetable and study accordingly. The General Aptitude Syllabus is mentioned below.
Part 1: Awareness of notable personalities, places, buildings, materials, objects, texture related to architecture, and build environment. Visualizing three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawings, visualizing different sides of three-dimensional objects, analytical reasoning mental ability.
Part 2: Three-dimensional perception: Understanding and appreciating scale and proportion of objects, color texture, harmony and contrast, building forms and elements.
Design and drawing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns. Transformation of forms, both 2D and 3D union, rotation, subtraction, development of surfaces and volumes, elevations generation of the plan, and 3D view of objects.
Sketching of scenes and activities from memory of urbanscape, landscape, and rural life.
- Drawing and designing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil.
- Transformation of forms both 2D and 2D union.
- Development of surfaces and volumes.
- Generation of plan.
- Creating 2D and 3D composition using shapes and forms.
- Elevation and 3D view of objects rotation.
- Sketching of activities from memory of urban scenes.
- Sets, relations, and functions.
- Complex numbers and quadratic equations.
- Matrices and Determinants.
- Permutations and Combinations.
- Mathematical Induction.
- Binomial Theorem and its simple application.
- Sequence and Series.
- Limit, continuity, and differentiability.
- Integral Calculus.
- Differential Equations.
- Coordinate Geometry.
- Three-dimensional Geometry.
- Vector Algebra.
- Statistics and Probability.
- Mathematical Reasoning.
JEE Main 2021 – B.Arch Recommended Books
Important Books for B.Arch
- A Complete Self Guide for B.Arch Entrance Examination by PK Mishra.
- Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning Book by RS Agrawal.
- Complete Architecture Entrance Guide by Ashok Goel and Arjun Kamal.
- Complete Mathematics for JEE Main by TMH.
- Plane Geometry and Elements of Coordinate Geometry by SL Loney.
- Differential and Integral Calculus by Amit M Aggarwal.
- NATA and B.Arch Complete Self Study material by Ar. Shadan Ushmani.
- B. Arch/NATA/JEE Main-Offline Drawing Test by Nimish Madan.
- Mathematics 11th and 12th by RS Aggrawal.
- Elementary Mathematics by DoroFeev. Potapov.
- Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight.
Factors Affecting JEE Main B.Arch Cut off
The JEE Main B.Arch (Architecture JEE Main 2021) cut off gets determined based on factors such as the number of aspirants who appeared for the exam, the number of seats provided for the B. Arch course, the difficulty level of JEE Main exam, previous year cut-off trends, and the category under which admission is desired.
The cut-off provided in JoSAA counselling will be in the form of opening and closing ranks. The students need to get marks within the closing ranks of the institution in which they wish to pursue the B. Arch course.
JEE Main B.Arch Preparation tips
We have shared some pro-tips for the aspiring architects willing to attempt the JEE Main exam in 2021 or beyond.
- A proper study plan will help the candidates prioritize and utilize their time efficiently and in a productive manner. Without a study plan, students spend a lot of time deciding what to study and reading topics that are not relevant for the exam.
- The candidates should analyze their strengths and weaknesses before they start the entrance exam preparation. It allows them to work on their weak areas and help them secure higher marks.
- Practicing previous year papers or sample papers is highly advised for students as most of the time, the examiner gives a simple question in a tricky way which can confuse the students. Thus, practice can help them develop a clear understanding of the question asked in the exam.
- Keeping a positive and balanced mindset is critical for students before they enter the examination hall. It helps them concentrate and solve the questions without losing their balance, and it also helps them avoid negative effects such as marking incorrect answers due to stress.
Now with the postponement of CBSE Class 12th Exam, the chorus is rising to postpone JEE Main 2021 April Session Exam as well. But applicants must not get lost in this din of confusion and uncertainty and must focus on the final preparations rather. The above information is the reminder of certain critical facts about the JEE Main B.Arch paper (Architecture JEE Main 2021) Aspiring architects can take note of the facts mentioned above and plan accordingly.